If you’re like me, when you know you’ll be attending many holiday events in the upcoming weeks, outfit planning takes over your life. I absolutely have to have some festive outfits ready to wear by the time December starts, so I’ve already been compiling a list of things I must pick up while “Christmas Shopping” (aka my excuse for the excessive amount of online shopping purchases and shopping trips I’ve had lately).
So in hopes of inspiring your own holiday outfits, I’ve shared my 5 must have items for the festive season. I’d love to hear what you think!
1. Black Skinnies: I’ve recently noticed that my black pants, aren’t so black anymore. So the holiday season is the perfect reason to refresh this staple item. Black skinnies can dress up any outfit, and virtually go with anything. I love this pair from Le Chateau.
2. White Blouse: Nothing says winter wonderland than a crisp white top. Pair it with some black skinnies for a simple, but elegant look; and add in a gold chunky necklace to boot. My biggest suggestion is to pull the whole outfit together with a spray tan, as white can make you look washed out this time of year. This blouse from BCBG is wicked.
3. Bow Earrings: I recently came across a picture on Pinterest of a girl wearing a cute Christmas sweater and these fabulous bow earrings. They are SO festive, and can instantly add a bit of flare to any plain outfit. I became obsessed with trying to find a pair of my own, and I finally settled on these Betsey Johnson ones, now to just wait patiently til they arrive at my house.
4. Onesie: I don’t know about you guys, but I love how onesies are now appropriate for all ages! I’ve been hinting at my boyfriend to buy me this one from Pink – it’s super cute, and so non-frumpy. Although this particular piece would only be seen by my close family and friends while we’re having cozy holiday nights watching movies, Christmas won’t be the same without it!
5. Leather Skater Skirt: I have to admit that I was not a fan of these skirts when they first became trendy. But the look has totally grown on me, and I’ve realized that this piece holds endless possibilities! Wear it with a flashy tank for a night out, or a pretty blouse for formal gatherings. This one from Revolve Clothing is faux leather, but without being cheap looking.