The holiday season is the perfect opportunity for all of your favourite stores to capitalize on the seasonal desire for gift giving by offering plenty of amazing sales, it is the season of giving after all. But whether you’re planning on doing some last minute Christmas shopping, or gearing up for some boxing day madness, make sure to treat yourself to a gift or two – you made it through another whole year after all! Now I’m not one for crowds, so if I’m shopping at this time of year I must have a game plan in mind. So to keep your holiday shopping experience more pleasurable than painful, I’ve made note of some of my favourite holiday sales, so you can be sure to include these in your game plan too.
1. The Body Shop – buy 2, get 2 free or buy 3, get 3 free. I have to be honest, The Body Shop has never been one of my go-to stores, I typically only stop in when I have a particular product in mind. But if they continue to have sales like this, I might just become a fan. This sale applies to EVERYTHING in the store, and it truly is as good as it sounds. A sale like this is perfect because it gives you a chance to stock up on some of the beauty essentials you know you’ll need to buy sooner or later (stuff like moisturizer, cleanser, etc.) OR you could take advantage of this sale by buying a colour of lipstick you’ve always wanted to try, but didn’t want to spend the money in case the result was disastrous. My favourite product of the season is The Sparkler – it literally sprays sparkles… the ultimate accessory for all of your Christmas and New Year’s celebrations.
2. American Eagle – all jeans under $30: I swear I have a new found love for American Eagle jeans. They’re cute, super comfy, and super cheap even without this discount. This sale is perfect because AE has already started to bring out some of their spring products, but they still have plenty of winter inventory. So whether you’re looking to complete the perfect Christmas outfit, or you want to get a head start on next season’s wardrobe – you really have no reason not to take advantage of this amazing deal! I recently purchased a pair of black jeggings that are to die for, they look crisp and clean but are totally comfy. Here are some of my other fave styles from their website:
3. Sephora – save up to 40% off special products: When does Sephora have sales? Hardly ever. So this sale is the perfect opportunity to purchase some of those high-end products you were so hesitant to splurge on all year long. This sale includes a range of products from cosmetics, hair care, nail care, skin care…. pretty much anything you could care about, really. The products I’m super excited for are Too Faced’s Glitter Glaze Sparkling Shadow Top Coat (can you tell I’m obsessed with glitter-everything?), and Josie Maran’s Argan Head to Toe Radiance Duo (seriously, if you’re experiencing dry skin and hair already… it’s going to be a long and painful winter for you if you don’t invest in a set like this).
4. La Senza – all bras are buy one, get one 50% off: Did you know that you should get re-measured for your bra size at least once a year? Make it a New Year’s resolution to get yourself measured, and purchase a brand new set of bras if your size has changed. You’ll thank me for this when you realize how much more comfortable it is to wear a bra that actually fits (I’ve recently had this revelation myself, so I’m speaking from experience). In my opinion, La Senza has the best selection of bras, and this deal can’t really be beat if you plan to replace your whole collection.
5. Forever 21 – 50% off jewelry: You know what I always say, you can never have enough costume jewelry! I find that Forever 21 is the perfect store for finding those pieces that you know you’ll only wear a few times with those select outfits that just need a little extra oomph. This sale is supposedly only running for today only…. so act fast. But even if you don’t make it in time, the jewelry from this store is relatively inexpensive to begin with, and a couple pieces I’ve bought have actually lasted quite a long time! And besides, purchasing a few eye-catching necklaces or earrings is the easiest way to freshen up your wardrobe if you can’t afford to buy a whole rack of new clothes. Here are some of my favourite sale pieces: